Nanoknife (IRE) prostate cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 48 replies
  • 115 subscribers

Hello,

I am looking for folks that chose nanoknife as their treatment and are willing to share their experiences. What were your side effects? How long have you done the treatment? 
Thank you
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

NanoKnife is not an ‘unknown’ treatment, as it was part of an NHS trial led by Professor Emberton some years ago, and the results were ‘inconclusive’, so was never adopted by the NHS.

You have discovered the fallibility of it with your recurrence, unfortunately.

I can see its efficacy if there is a tidy little tumour well inside the gland, blast the bugger and get on with life.

I hope you get sorted out in the end.

Cheers, John.

• Hi,Have posted on here before re my nanoknife experience.Emberton would not do my grade-: Gleason 8-4+4,grade 3A- locally Advanced.Like other people have reported on here,I chose Offenbach, - last November-,,with prof Stehling,who has much greater experience,  approx 700+ treatments w ith" all "grades since about 2011, I think.Yes its expensive, but since treatment have had no incontinence,little ED problems, and remedied with recommended tablets.

Am currently monitoring PSA levels three monthly under NHS.

Good luck with your choices.Les

• Hello that is a great analysis 

I have Gleason 8 and 9 so very aggressive 

psa increased rapidly during 18 months from 

3 to 12?

i have been told I could do Nano knife but it may fail!

my question is as this is very aggressive would it be life threatening to do 

nano knife as I could always do prostatectomy later

i am 69 and do not want incontinence but definitely not death !

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Troc

Get it removed wholesale ASAP by a high-volume surgeon (look up SANTIS), and be prepared for the possibility of subsequent radio and hormone therapy, which hopefully will kill the bastard stone dead.

Best of luck.

Cheers, John. 

• Dear John thank you

Did a search for Santis but am not finding anything related to cancer,

Can you tell me what exactly should put in the box please?

Thanks

• Hello

you are one of the few success stories I read.

I have Gleason 9.

One lives with hope and I am on verge of deciding ,can you please tell me what is your current situation after 7 minths?

Thank you

• Hi I am gleeson 9 PSA 11.9 had rt 7months ago PSA down to 0.6 some side effects have to get up in the night toilet pee on ht for 3 more years

Ian
  • Hi Troc,

I was referred to the urologist in March 2018 with a PSA of 11 and finally diagnosed as Gleason 4+5=9, T3A N0 M0 in late September 2018. By the time I started treatment in October 2018 my PSA had risen to 15.

I have been on Prostap for nearly 18 months and had 20 sessions of RT in Feb/Mar 2019. I have another 18 months to go on Prostap and my PSA is currently undetectable. So HT + RT is working for me. As I am very active (rowing twice a week, going to a weekly aerobics class and walking the dog several miles every day) I chose the HT + RT route rather than surgery in the hope of avoiding impact incontinence at which I seem to have succeeded.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.
    Seamus
    (See my profile for more)
  • Thank you 

Thats very helpful

I talked to a high volume urologist yesterday.

I see your points

many many thanks