My frined has just lost the use of his legs from bone metestases.

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 107 subscribers
Hi everyone. I am new to this site but I'm looking for advice and hope someone can help. My friend has stage 4 prostate cancer and has just lost the use of his legs due to bone metestases putting pressure on nerves. Has anyone else had any experience of this? We are looking at what aids are available etc and I wondered if anyone has any ideas?

Many thanks
CT
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi CT

Have you contacted your local MacMillan nurse, I have bone mets although still able to walk at the moment but they have mentioned access to other aids if I need them such as wheelchairs. Try MacMillan, the GP and the the hospital team - any of them should be able to advise or at least point you in the right direction.

Best wishes

Creative01
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi, thanks for that info. All help greatly appreciated! GP wasn't much help as he was mis-diagnosed in the first place!, hence the bone mets becoming as severe as they now are. The hospital team will be there tommorrow and I have left a message for the Macmillan staff! Once again, thank you!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

CT I have not lost the use of my legs but I feel it will not be long before I do!  I can not walk very far and find it a struggle to climb a step when I encounter one.  Swinging a leg into bed is also becoming a problem.  Once this develops I will let you know how I have dealt with it or not as the case maybe