Insurance Vs GHIC card

• 7 replies
  • 132 subscribers

Hi

Not if this is the correct place to ask but thought asking here wouldn't hurt.

OH and I are due to go to Lanzarote in November and I wondered whether anyone has gone on holiday without taking insurance and placed reliance on having a GHIC card?

Asking because insurance will be expensive and would expect that they would preclude prostrate cancer anyway?

Grateful for any information or opinion. 

Thank you

Amanda

• I am going to America and guatemala this Nov 400 plus pounds total for me and OH 

I WOULDNTgo without it 

That's me ,everyone as to make a choice 

• Hi,

I personally wouldnt go on holiday without insurance, even if its more expensive. A friend has suggested Insurewith as an insurance company that he used so may be worth a look at their prices!

• Hello Amanda, your GHIC card, I think, only covers medical emergency care. Travel insurance covers emergency care, holiday abandonment, emergency repatriation, belongings etc etc etc. i know it’s an extra cost but….what price peace of mind?

I think some travel companies 8nsist on you being insured before they will take you?

HTH

• Thank you Blush 

May I ask who you used?

Thanks

• Insure with 

A LOT of questions 

But a good quote compared to some which were in thousands tbh

• Hello Amanda ( 

We travel quite a bit and have a property in Turkey (it's in the Asian part) so we need worldwide insurance. I have Prostate Cancer and am Type 2 diabetic. Mrs M has a few issues (medical I should add!!). We have a joint annual policy for about £ 780 but I wouldn't be without it - A day in a Turkish hospital is 2k plus.

On the Community we have this forum and here's the link-

Travel insurance forum for cancer patients 

There's lots of great advice there.

On a personal note we found that all the Insurance firms used the same algorithms and once you completed the online form it told us to telephone for a quote - so we gave up filling forms in and rang direct. Our policy is with insurancewith and they were good with us.

I do hope you get sorted.

Best wishes - Brian Sunglasses.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.