Lung cancer

• 25 replies
  • 135 subscribers

Evening folks, Afre been diagnosed with Prostate Cancer in January and on HT done 3rd monthly injection,haven’t been great for 2 months with bad cough and wheezing went to doctor,4 antibiotics and a course of 3 day steroids which didn’t shift it,so she sent me for  X-ray and then dye scan,went up to local hospital today for appointment with respiratory consultant.I’ve been diagnosed with lung cancer in left lung ,also in lymph nodes and also behind collarbones,I’ve to go for biopsy on Tuesday asking as my oxygen levels are ok as they need to put the camera down my throat so they can tell what cancer it is,to say it was a bombshell was an understatement as I was just coming to terms with my prostate cancer,but I’ll keep fighting as long as I can,thanks for listening Robert

• Hi Robert,

That's good news regarding he PC. Do you have a plan for the lung cancer or is it still waiting for the biopsy results?

Lot of love

Dafna

• Still waiting for results have asked the GP for some steroid’s as can’t get rid off annoying cough 

• Hello Robert, It's good to hear your prostate treatment has gone so well  and they can put you on a treatment holiday for a few months, don't be surprised if your PSA continues to fall, it often does when you take a break from treatment, that their prioritising your lung cancer is the right thing to do, you have some wonderful people on the lug cancer forum to help you through treatment, a couple I know from one of my other forums who helped me when I was told "wrongly" I had lung cancer, I hope your endoscope and biopsy bring you good news, and my best wishes for your treatment, take care.

Eddie

• yes mate, I am the same """" this cancer

• Started Chemotherapy tablet this morning up at Hospital McMillan Thumbsup