Prostatic adenocarcinoma with neuroendocrine differentiation

• 3 replies
  • 132 subscribers

Hi guys, I am the firefighter Neil but for some reason lost my log in details, Been to see oncologist today who is starting me on triple therapy. In the notes I noticed my cancer was a rare type. 

Prostatic adenocarcinoma with neuroendocrine differentiation

Anyone else had this?  Mods for some reason I could not post in advanced cancer forum so if you could move my post it would be great.

Thanks Neil

• Hi  

We have contacted you directly to offer some support with using the site. Slight smile

Best wishes, 

Megan
    Macmillan's Online Community team

• Hi Neil  .

A warm welcome to the group and can I say how much we value the service you provide to the community.

Can I suggest that you actually join the prostate cancer forum group as this will keep you notified of what is going on, plus it also helps if you click on the chair by your name and give us a few details on your profile such as Initial PSA, Gleason and TNM, age. This will help us give you more targeted information.

You are one of a select group to have the rare neuroendocrine variant but at least it is mixed with the common adenocarcinoma so PSA should still give you some indication of what is going on. Do you know whether it is small cell or large cell? My husband was diagnosed with a rare aggressive form of prostate cancer almost 4 years ago and is still going strong thanks to the treatments available. He also has some neuroendocrine features so won't flannel you by saying it is an easy ride but you can still have a good quality of life.

The triplet therapy is one of the latest combinations that has shown to be effective for advanced prostate cancer but they may add in another chemotherapy drug to tackle the neuroendocrine bit. Most men find that the hormone therapy has the biggest effect on them, particularly fatigue but more about that later. You have a lot to take in at the moment but there is help available for whatever crops up.

I have attached an information sheet on rare prostate cancers to give you a starter but please come back with any questions and we will try and help.

https://prostatecanceruk.org/prostate-information-and-support/further-information/rare-prostate-cancer

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

• Hello Neil

Another warm welcome to the Macmillan Online Prostate Community, although I am so sorry to find you here. We are a decent bunch and it's a great place for help and advice.

I see my friend  has already posted much more information than I could so I will stick to a bit of "housekeeping".

* To join the Prostate Community just click on this link and then "join" on the black banner at the bottom of the page:

Prostate cancer forum 

* To help us help you can you please add your initial PSA, Gleason Score and TNM Grade to your profile, plus a little bit about you. To do this on your home page - click on the chair -top right, then "Profile" and then "Edit". Once you have written something just click on save.

You can read a Community members profile by clicking on their avatar or user name.

Feel free to ask anything - no question is to trivial.

If i can do anything else for you please don't hesitate to get back to me.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.