Prostate RT

• 17 replies
  • 136 subscribers

Hi all, my 20 sessions start on Monday 3rd June and wanted to thank you all for the very helpful advice.

It is very comforting to hear other peoples experiences as Cancer can be a very lonely place.

Fingers crossed and good health to you all.

• Hi Buddy

Good afternoon it's great to meet you today!!

I do hope that your 20 sessions go well from Monday 3rd.

Yes it is good to read other people's journeys with regards to their cancer diagnosis.

Not as though I have ever wanted anyone else to go through the same things.

My journey started 12mnts tomorrow wow how time flies when you are having "Fun"

At my diagnosis things were very bleak as my PSA came back at 1000+ "shocking"

Lucky my PSA now stands at 0.9 "great news"

Yes cancer is a very very lonely place to be but we have all "got to stay STRONG"

Prostate Worrier.

• Hi Budd and welcome back and thank you for your update they are always appreciated, best wishes with your EBRT treatment on Monday which i understand is being done with an empty bowel and bladder which will hopefully make things easier for you. You will find the therapeutic radiographers so helpful and supportive and will help you every step of the way, if you have any concerns or questions they will help you. good health to you too and please keep in touch,

Eddie

• Hi Bud Good luck on Monday I’ve still to get mine on HT at moment hopefully July August time will get mine good luck 

• All the best for Monday on the 'sunbed'. I'm sure you will sail through but let us know how you get on.

• Good Morning Budd

All the best for your 20 fractions starting Monday - it's just like being on a "sunbed".  Any changes to your bodily functions just tell the radiologists  - they are fantastic,

Please keep us updated and you know where we are if you need anything.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi  , hope all goes well for you on Monday and next few weeks. As others have said, just let your team know if you get any side effects. This time next week you will be a quarter of the way through!  David

• Hi Bud - time will fly.  I’m sure that you already have a countdown chart so you can cross X out the days ….   AW

• Thank you all for kind wishes.

If you have been thru or going thru RT are there any things, in retrospect, that you wish you had known or 

bearing in mind possible/probable diarrhia and incontinence did you carry spare clothes or Pads?

• If you’re going for the standard 20 sessions you’ll be fine.  I put an absorbent pad in my pants for the final week, but didn’t need it.  It was there for confidence as urgency to pee (full bladder prior to the LINAC) was always uppermost in my mind!  As it is for everyone….    AW

• Hubby did the same after 3 weeks as the fluid intake increased the urgency. He had 33 sessions of EBRT but didn't need the pad, only for confidence. He also wore a pad at night for a while because he had a night time accident.