Terrified Wife again

• 16 replies
  • 129 subscribers

Hi

Thank you to everyone who took time out their day to respond to me, it has given us both a little comfort in this time of chaos.

I have another question if that is okay...

If you are starting the hormone injections, how soon will you get another blood test to check the PSA level?

Thanks again

• Hi Aflmf,

My husband diagnosis is very similar to yours T3A N1 M1. 

He has 3 monthly implant injection and daily Enzulatimide. At the moment the PSA done monthly, few days before the oncologist nurse call. It is generally going down although we had two slight increases from 0.17 to 0.22 but told not to worry. He started today RT in addition to the HT.

I can assure you that the chaos will turned into a routine within few weeks and this routine will feel almost normal. 

Please feel free to ask any questions even if you think it is silly. I remember my first question was am I allowed to carry on with my Spanish morning classes online, I was terrified to give head space to anything but the PC. 6 months on and honestly, it is happened but sometimes I forgot the PC is there. 

I get lots of comfort from this community here. It is like my comfort blanket for a toddler.  People here are generous, positive and funny.

I hope all will go well.

Lots of love

Dafna

• Thank you

I am so worried because the bone mets have reached his arms and I just pray that the treatment he starts tomorrow works.

X

• Hi Dafna this site is a savour for me and I would think all us Cancer warriors and loved ones,your heads will be mince at the moment,stay strong xxx

• Hi AFLMF,

The HT works to suppress the PC wherever it is in the body. Where it is, in the bones and nodes it is still PC that thrives on testosterone. The HT will deprive the body from testosterone and suppress the cancer. It does not cure but for a long time it hold its ugly head down and let our men live with almost normal life, hopefully for a long time. 

Lots of love

Dafna 

• Thank you

We are praying hard that the HT works on hubby and has many years ahead