All Systems Go

• 232 replies
  • 133 subscribers

Well, that was quick. I chased the medical oncologist (Greek God) up this morning and he has had a pow wow with the radio oncologist, so I was told to speak to him as they both thought hubby was eligible for SBRT on the distant mets. Did this at lunchtime and was asked when we would like it done. Whenever we replied. Got a text at 17:30 to ask if we are available TOMORROW  at 15:50 for the planning scan and can we take the PSMA PET scan disc. So all set for treatment starting next week. Having to sort out an apartment near the hospital for a couple of weeks as he predicts it will be 5 sessions on alternate week days.

• Shar, that makes it fun.  At least we tried.

Steve (SteveCam)

• That's why it's easier to write it down.

Steve (SteveCam)

• That's brilliant news & amazing that it has all been arranged so quickly.  Hope the planning scan goes well today, & whilst I can't manage any Greek, here's a spot of Cornish - Chons da (to save anyone looking it up it's Good Luck) 

• Hi Buzzers. Husband is Cornish but never learnt the language.

He is now the proud owner of 3 more tattoos, on the upper abdomen this time. The radio oncologist was very upbeat that SBRT is going to be beneficial so booked in for Monday. Apparently a 7% chance of side effects vs. the possibility of dealing once and for all with the troublesome Mets. Usual diet sheet, no whisky, so guess what we are having tonight when we get home.

We were greeted like long lost friends - kisses on the cheeks and introduced to the department, many of whom remembered us and our sense of humour from last time so we will have to wait and see what tricks are played on hubby.

• Hi AH, your appointment speed sounds amazing.  NHS in UK is very patchy, although I cannot fault my treatment from Southampton.  I read yesterday that they are just introducing scanners here which will make tattoos unnecessary, as it uses some sort of A1 to recognise an individuals body shape exactly. Hope all goes well next week.  David

• WOW! this is fantastic news. I'm really looking forwards to hearing about the results of this procedure as well. It's really good treatment from the GGHeart eyes

Lx

• Don't you just love those tattoos?

When I had mine done I asked my partner if she'd like some.  She said "No"

Glad things went well today.

Steve (SteveCam)

• Hello  - That's happy days - I hope  all goes well for the pair of you - I trust he's happy with the quick turnaround and looking forward to his "holiday".

Enjoy the last whisky tonight - I haven't forgot I still owe you one!! Stuck out tongue winking eye

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• I have booked a nice bungalow with garden and BBQ close to the hospital and the forecast looks good for our 'holiday' - just got to pack now and organise someone to water my baskets and pots.

The fun has already started with the radio technicians - when hubby undressed I found a smiley face drawn round his belly button - must remember to take some cakes in for them.

I'm holding you to the whisky Brian, but might have another little one before we go to Athens on Monday.

• I'm glad things are going well.  Has the smiley face been done with a permanent marker??

Love your post.

Steve (SteveCam)