All Systems Go

• 206 replies
  • 129 subscribers

Well, that was quick. I chased the medical oncologist (Greek God) up this morning and he has had a pow wow with the radio oncologist, so I was told to speak to him as they both thought hubby was eligible for SBRT on the distant mets. Did this at lunchtime and was asked when we would like it done. Whenever we replied. Got a text at 17:30 to ask if we are available TOMORROW  at 15:50 for the planning scan and can we take the PSMA PET scan disc. So all set for treatment starting next week. Having to sort out an apartment near the hospital for a couple of weeks as he predicts it will be 5 sessions on alternate week days.

• Excellent news I hope all goes well x

• Wow that's amazing - I hope all goes well and you have a cracking "holiday" for 2 weeks!  That's what I call service.

Oh by the way - Nice new avatar!! Thumbsup

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Always hope,

Fingers crossed Fingers crossed everything goes well.  Just be there for your hubby, I know you will.

Steve (SteveCam)

• Wow, what service.  Hope all goes well.  Keeping everything crossed for you.  David

• Hi Alayshope that's wonderful news, and so quick, not even time to worry, best wishes to you both and i hope treatment is the success we all hope it will be, Eddie

• Wow!  This is great news to wake up to - you must be excited, grateful and nervous all in equal measure!  Get a nice apartment and treat it like a mini adventure too - the RT will not affect you too much (until maybe Day 4 or 5, at worst) so you will be able to live normally between sessions. Good luck!  AW

• Thanks everyone. As hubby has already had 33 sessions of radiotherapy to the prostate almost 4 years ago, which was very successful, we know where we are going and fortunately we have the same radio oncologist who is well respected in his field. By coincidence, his physicist comes from the village we are living in and is a cousin to our GP. SBRT should start on Monday. We are getting a taxi today for the planning scan as I don't fancy the 4 hour drive to Athens and then back in one day. Some nice apartments available near a large shopping mall so I can see some retail therapy coming up.

• Here's a bit of Greek for good luck..."elpízo na páei kalá kai stous dyo sas"

Well on Google translate it says so.

Steve (SteveCam)

• Steve I once did a Google translation into Thai but it turned out abit rude  when he received it he couldn't stop laughing 

• I did that once when I was learning as the word for 'who' is very similar to the word for 'piss' if pronounced wrong. Steve, you are OK.