Docetaxel

• 5 replies
  • 121 subscribers

I am on 6 monthly Decapeptyl SR and my consultant has suggested a few cycles of Docetaxel. Any advice?

This is my 2nd bout of PCa. First was treated with Prostap and RT but PSA has now risen dramatically.

cheers

• Hi ZFMAP, sorry your PSA is rising after first treatment. What was your initial diagnosis e.g. Gleason score, staging? Have you had any scans recently to see what is happening?

Without knowing more information I can’t honestly advise but if your consultant is suggesting it they must think it has a chance of helping.

Ido4

• Ido4

December 2016 T2cM0M0 Gleason 4+3, PSA 26

after Prostap and RT down to 0.197. By June 2020 it was 1.99, by December 2020it was 14!

Had CT and bone scan, still within the prostate.

cheers

• Thanks, has your testosterone level been checked recently to check the decapeptyl is working? I wonder if your cancer has become hormone resistant.

Ido4

• Hi

Chemotherapy is very harsh, was this all explained to you ? It will definitely help reduce the PSA, its controlling it after. Was nothing else offered ?

stay safe

Joe

• I had docetaxel, 6 cycles, this is recommended under the stampede trial for men whose pc has spread.  It’s recommended as it helps prolong good health and alleviate some potential further issues and pain.  Since chemo and decapeptyl my psa has been undetectable <0.1 I have suffered since with some issues fatigue but at least pc is under control. They wouldn’t recommend lightly as it does take its toll, but it also has its benefits