Recently diagnosed macroadenoma

• 3 replies
  • 6 subscribers

Hi all

Thought I'd introduce myself and give some history.

I have been suffering with multiple symptoms for some time and have, like others in the group, come up against GPs who want to treat each symptom individually. I have always voiced my opinion that the symptoms are related.

I have been suffering with nausea and vertigo for some decades now.

I have a constant headache which varies in intensity, mainly concentrated behind the eyes.

I get brain fog (unable to concentrate), very bad memory.

Bright spots before my eyes, also blind spots, also, what I call visual migraines. Also eyes sometimes become dim.

Loss of hearing, severe tinnitus.

I have to urinate roughly every 45 minutes.

Constantly tired and fall asleep quickly whenever I am still. After a short nap, I awake and feel even worse, bad headache, bad nausea.

I suffer from severe travel sickness and cannot be a passenger in a car.

Recently I moved house and decided to renew my attempt at a cure. This eventually led to an MRI scan and the discovery of Tom, my 'incidental left-sided pituitary macroadenoma'.

Great! I thought, wip it out and I'll feel better. Visited the Consultant Endocrinologist who told me that my symptoms had nothing to do with the tumor and that he would not be operating until I started to go blind. 

He then referred me back to my GP, who I am seeing tomorrow.

So, back to square one. Feeling a little dejected.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

It sounds like you've been through a great deal and I was wondering how you got on when you went to see your GP today?

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi, sorry for delay.

I did have a meeting with my GP.

She gave me quite a lot of time and offered me a second opinion with another consultant.

She asked me if I would consider seeing him privately to speed things up. I explained that I am an OAP and that, although I would give all my savings to feel well, there isn't much. I said I would wait if we were only talking weeks. She replied that it would be years, not weeks!

So, waiting for an appointment now.

• Wow! I can't believe your appointment will be years, that's really not acceptable. I think you may need to speak to PALS (Patient Liaison and Advisory Service) at the hospital where your consultant works. Part of their role is to help resolve problems you have when using the NHS.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"