Feeling anxious

• 3 replies
  • 3 subscribers

Hi. I have a pituitary tumour which was found when I was 7, I’m now 47.

In July last year I had my ears cleaned using micro suction and I felt fine, then in august I started to get pressure round my ears and over the next few months I started to feel unwell.

I had pressure round my head, shaking, feeling emotional, pressure on my chest and up my arms neck and head. Felt upset all the time, couldn’t concentrate, I lost a stone in weight and wasn’t eating much  

I went into A&E a few time and they put me on a drip, kept me in over night and sent me home the next day and said everything was fine. 

I woke up one night in November feeling ill and had pressure round my chest and was laying on the floor in pain. At 5 o’clock in the morning I felt like I couldn’t go on and got up, got stressed and walked to a bridge down the road and climbed over it. 
Thankfully a couple of cars stopped and pulled me back and phoned the police. The police took me to A&E. 

I WOULD LIKE TO POINT OUT IVE NEVER DONE ANYTHING LIKE THIS BEFORE AND I DONT HAVE ANY MENTAL PROBLEMS.  

I went to my appointment at Bart’s to see my endocrinologist in December.I was still shaky and unsteady on my feet and she checked me over and couldn’t find anything and said my bloods were fine.

It’s now April and I feel a lot better than I did but I still have pressure round my ears and my jaw is tight and I’m still getting pressure round my head.

I’ve got an appointment with a dentist in may to see if maybe my wisdom teeth are causing the problem. 

The main problem I’m having now is I’m getting a lot of anxiety and I don’t know why. Im sleeping fine but I would usually sleep until 8 or 9 in the morning but now I’m waking up at 7.30 and I can’t lay in, I have to get up and I’ve got more energy which in one way is good but as soon as I wake up I feel like I’m anxious. 
Im quite happy in life so I can’t understand why I’m getting anxious.

I had another MRI scan when I was in A&E and they said everything was stable.

Could it be my tumour putting pressure on my brain or could it be my wisdom teeth that’s causing the problem?

Can anyone suggest anything I can take to help me feel calm? 
I’ve started taking a magnesium supplement to see if that helps.

Im going to try some cbd oil.

im drinking chamomile tea through the day.

Can anyone recommend anything else I could take to help me relax? 

Something just doesn’t feel right in me at the moment and just don’t know what else to do and the more I’m feeling anxious the more its playing on my mind and making me feel more anxious. 

I’ve always suffered with a bit of anxiety but I usually just get on with life and try and ignore it but now it’s just like it won’t go away and I think maybe my medication needs adjusting but my endocrinologist said everything was ok but there must be something wrong for me to feel like this. 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is an informative and supportive place to be.

That's great to read that everything appears to be stable after recent tests but I'm sorry to hear how anxious you're feeling. Have you spoken to your GP about how you're currently feeling if you think it's getting worse?

Macmillan have lots of useful resources and you might like to take a look at this information on managing anxiety as it may give you some tips that you haven't tried.

Sending a big ((hug))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hello Fishkeeper,

Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Several years ago I was diagnosed with a pituitary microadenoma. Non secreting, but growing at a rate of around 1mm every 10 months. I'm now at a point where I will need surgery to remove it before it starts to put too much pressure on my optical nerves.

In more recent months I too have noticed increased levels of anxiety, depressive moments and mood swings. Just like you these are entirely out of character.

I understand what you speak about, it is an extremely lonely place to exist in when very few seem to understand, and perhaps think that it's just depression. I researched why I was feeling this way and came across this journal (link below) which you might find comforting to read, at least to a point to know that you're not mad, not loosing your marbles and there is a treatment pathway.

https://neuro.psychiatryonline.org/doi/10.1176/jnp.17.2.159#

Along with all of the other symptoms that I experience which are detailed in that journal I do try to remain positive, and look towards better days - it's not easy because I often feel that I'm carrying a heavy mental load, and in some sense 'fighting internal demons'

I've promised myself to keep moving forwards and know that I have an illness that is making me feel this way, and with the right support and medical intervention I can overcome this. I will not let it define me, and I truly hope that you find the strength to keep moving forwards in a positive way too. 

All the best and with kindnessGreen heart

Goldcrest