After op issues

• 3 replies
  • 3 subscribers

My mum had a pituary cyst remove. She's still in hospital. It wasn't cancer but 5 days later she can't walk or get up. She says she has violent headaches and neck pain. 

Before op her symptoms were not bad. I believe she had a arachnoid cyst. Anyone else have severe headaches after op?

• Hi

That's great news that it was discovered that your mum had a cyst and not cancer. However, it must be very worrying for both of you that she can't walk and has very bad headaches.

I don't have any experience with this but wondered what her team had said about these side effects from her operation and whether they have they given you a timescale as to when things should improve?

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi apparently she may have  a csf leak. She was complaining of a headache and couldn't stand up in the hospital ward. But they sent her home regardless. Today I had to call the ambulance and she got admitted again. Horrific experience to say the least. When they ambulance come they wouldn't take her first as they didn't think it was overly serious. Once in a&e she got quickly admitted 

• Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this but hopefully everything will get sorted now she's back in hospital.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"