Possible Pituitary Tumour

• 2 replies
  • 3 subscribers

I  awaiting an urgent MRI, hopefully this week but my GP reckons I do have a Pituitary tumour.

I‘ve had a lot of body symptoms for at least 3 years if not more now. My previous GP put it down to coincidence and said they were all separate things but I didn’t believe so. I had instinctual feelings they were all related by an inflammatory issue linking them. I may be wrong. But I’ve been told I have raised levels of Prolactin, TSH and Cortisol. The second same lot of blood tests 6 weeks later showed them being further increased. At present I have painful eye pressure, intermittent ear stabbing, and an all over headache.
I have had the following symptoms of issues in the past year especially:

Sudden and continuous arthritic pains in hands, fingers, joints and trigger finger. 
on waking; burning liquid feeling in wrists and ankles, difficult to walk downstairs first thing then it goes away. Sometimes throughout the day it returns. The burning pain in my wrists makes them feel suddenly weak and I can’t lift even the kettle without two hands. Then it’s normal again.

I suddenly feel weak as if the life has been drained out of my whole body. Sometimes my heart pounds and I feel an urgent need to drink something cold to remove the feeling.

I had excruciating pain in my right upper arm bicep and couldn’t sleep. (I was told this was an impingement in my shoulder and given a cortisone injection). I still get the pain in my bicep. But not as bad but it’s intermittent. 
I awoke in the middle of one night with a sudden excruciating pain in my right knee and jumped out of bed like a spring, screaming! I rubbed it for the pain as you do and it was like my knee was made of memory foam. It was jelly, squealchy and swollen. My GP as always made nothing of it. It’s still there just now, 3 months later but less swollen however the area above it into my lower thigh is always feeling weird as though I have a strange liquid swirling underneath the skin and it’s not a pain, more like a horrible discomfort feeling. 
I awoke a few nights after that with huge burning itchy lumps in the back of my scalp under my hair. I went to my GP and again she made nothing of them and sent me home. By next morning the had turned into painful scabs even although I didn’t scratch them and my neck lymph nodes were badly swollen and agony. I went back, she then gave me antibiotics but no real explanation of what is going on.

I again suggested this is all linked and inflammatory. She wouldn’t really comment other than to say they were all different things. 
I wondered why it was also all going in on the right side of my body. Again told it’s just coincidence. 
I had 4 or 5 eye infections over a few weeks. Red painful iris. Again right side. Saw an optician, he just said it’s dry eye and gave me drops.

I awoke a few weeks ago and this time my left arm burning hot in the night, I jumped up and put the light on to see huge red lumps all over my arm from top to bottom. It was also slightly on my right arm too.

it was almost away by mid morning and I suggested to my GP sending my for allergy testing. She refused. 
my gut has been burning and pain in my upper chest and neck constant over the last few years. I’ve had omeprazole lanzoprazole etc but nothing works. 

I have a constant dry cough again intermittent. I sometimes sounds hoarse and I often have a hard time swallowing food as if I have a grape stuck in my throat. if I wear trousers with a slight tight waistband I feel a weird sensation in my strand I also feel at the same time as though I’m being strangled. 

Ive eaten healthy food, home made fruit and veg smoothies with ginger and turmeric by the litre, and taken a high quality probiotic. I was found to have a small hiatus hernia but no idea what’s causing all the gut issues. I often feel like I have a spreading sensation in my sides and upper chest and not just my stomach. Could it maybe be leaky gut?  Who knows. 
anyway By chance my covid vaccine was due and I got another eye infection and by chance called the GP to check whether I should still get the vaccine that day. A duty male doctor called me back as he was suspicious I’d had as many eye infections in as many weeks. 
Thank god for him. He arranged immediately for different bloods than the first doctor did, mainly TSH, Prolactin and TSH as he suspected thyroid. This has finally led to answers. And it’s now looking like it may not be Thyroid and he suspects Pituitary. I am very scared but I’ve read so much and have some information.

I just wondered though if anyone here has had so many symptoms all over the body like I’ve described or similar and if they were known to be linked to a Pituitary or other cause? 
Many thanks

• Hi and welcome to the online community

It sounds like you've been through an awful lot but hopefully you're close to a diagnosis, although I hope it's not cancer.

I didn't have this type of cancer, so can't help with symptoms, but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. While you're waiting you could type 'symptoms' into the search bar at the top of the page and have a read through some of the previous posts to see if there are any similarities. 

I've found this information about pituitary gland tumour symptoms from Macmillan which you could have a look through.

Do come back and let us all know when you get a diagnosis and what it is.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you, still waiting for the supposed urgent MRI. I called the hospital to chase the appointment and have been told they’re doing a CT scan instead of an MRI. I don’t think I’m too happy with that as I read MRI was better than CT for Pituitary. I’ll call my GP in the morning to check with him. 
    thanks for your reply. I will update