Still waiting for diagnosis

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 2 subscribers

Hi everyone,  I'm waiting for MRI results to come back, to confirm a diagnosis.

I had a routine blood test that came back with very raised levels of one hormone (?), that is evidently quite uncommon and has something to do with the pituitary gland (hence the MRI). I feel in limbo.

My GP says I have several symptoms that would suggest a pituitary gland tumour; headaches, weight gain,  nausea,  extreme tiredness, etc. 

To be quite honest,  I have felt so unwell for such a long time now that I'm hoping the MRI shows that I do have one, just so I have an answer and a plan of treatment can start.

That sounds really awful and selfish when so many people who are in the same situation are worrying or frightened. 

Apologies if I have offended anyone.

• Hi and welcome to the online community

Have you had the results of your MRI since writing your post? If not I hope you don't have too much longer to wait as I know what an anxious time it can be.

It's perfectly normal to want to find the answer to what is making you feel so poorly. Hopefully it won't be cancer but whatever it is most people would agree with you about wanting to get on with treatment to make you feel better.

Do come back and let us know what the diagnosis is.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"