Side effect of tumour

• 3 replies
  • 4 subscribers

Hi everyone, just wanted some help and I am new to the system. I found out I had a tumour from a blood test I did just before my wedding. Two months after I got married they told me the worst news ever. It changed my marriage completely and it has ended in divorce after just 13 months of being married. My side effects had really taken a hit on my body, mood, ability to move around and be mobile. I’m unsure if anyone has applied for pip as I am thinking of the next thing for me to do. I have been out on cabergaline for the past 3 1/2 months. That had really spirled my symptoms massively. Constantly crying, anxious, dizzy spells, blurry eyed, no appetite. Don’t get me wrong I’m still not losing the weight but I have no desire for food. I’m just a hot mess at the moment and have my pre op concent on the 26/01/2023 and hopefully a surgery date soon after. There has been mention about fertility and this has really taking my over thinking to a new level. Now going through a divorce and having that over my head makes me think what’s my chances for having children. Can any one help me understand what I need to prepare for and what to expect. Many thanks, 

• Hi  

I'm sorry to read all you've been through, including the breakup of your marriage.

I can't help with what to expect from your operation, as I had a different type of cancer, but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' your post back to the top of the discussion list where it'll be more easily seen.

The best thing to do is to write down any questions you can think of between now and your pre-op as you should be given the chance to ask questions there.

Wishing you all the best

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi  

Not sure if you’ve had your surgery yet or not? I’ve had two lots of pituitary surgery many years ago and going to be having another this year.

Happy to share my experience and answer any questions if helpful?

• Hi, 

it was postponed until 12/02/23 as I got unwell and said they wouldn’t be able to operate so breathing pipe needs to go down my throat. 

I just want to know the side effects when surgery is completed like the months ahead. I know they mentioned about having pain in my throat, feeling sick and really emotional. 

how did you feel after your surgery ? 
    would really help me plan ahead 

many thanks,

sahana