Symptoms from a non functioning pituitary macroadenoma

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 1 subscriber

Does anyone else here have a non functioning macroadenoma with daily symptoms?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Katie grace

I've  only just joined this site recently but I'm  sure there are some with this problem. My  pituitary tumour has become a concern because  though it was found several  years ago it has only become  a real problem  for the last year or so and am trying to lose weight before I have the op by my surgeon as hopefully  it won't  be so risky.

What problems  are you having? Do you have a good endocrinologist who is ready to explain everything  you want to know? Sometimes I find it all quite overwhelming and wish I could record conversations  at appointments  as even after researching a lot of this myself I still forget so much. 

Hope we new ones to the site can support  and help each other! ☺

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Katie, 

I’m under investigation for a pituitary tumour or PCOS thankfully today then ultrasound came back clear which rules PCOS. I have an MRI today also so awaiting results to se wife a tumour is there. Nothing was hinted at scan jus tin and out through system. 

If there’s anything you can help me with and help keep mind at bay would be amazing. 

Thanks 

• FormerMember

Hi

Absolutely. I will help you if you've any questions.

How did your MRI go?

Kind Regards 

• FormerMember

Hi thank you!! 

Erm ok yes had the dye contrast and now to wait for the results. Didn’t say anything me to if that good or normal? 

What bloods and levels point towards pituitary issues ?

thanks