Penile cancer

• 25 replies
  • 5 subscribers

Hi all, I got diagnosed with penile cancer early November 22, operation to remove head of penis same month, had further operation on left side lymph nodes February 23, everything seemed to be going well,  until went to hospital August 23, with what looked like an infection on the rebuild penis, only to be told the cancer had returned, to say it knocked me for 6 would be an understatement, I have great support from my wife, just seems everytime we think things are getting better we get knocked down. They are talking of complete removal this time. 

• Sorry to hear the cancer has spread but there is always some treatment just get rid of the infection and move on to the next stage. You are in the right place just focus on getting better. You have been positive so keep that frame of mind and I know you have good support from your wife and I know how important that is.

just ignore the request to contact Paul12k until you are stronger.

I am doing fine almost back to normal.

keep me informed.

Robert

• Hi Robert 

Been a while since I have been on here, so thought I would give an update on my journey,  since last posting found out the cancer is in my lungs and stage 4, so not curable but treatable with chemo, have had 3 of 4 cycles, knocking me big style,  but seems to be worth it as masses on lungs appear to be shrinking. Still very tired from treatment but slowly getting there.

• Hi William, its good to here from you, really sorry to here your cancer has spread to your lungs but at least there is some positive news that the masses on the lungs are shrinking and you have another cycle to go. The chemo will be worth it but going through the treatment can be brutal, hang in there and just focus on getting through the treatment.

You mentioned your wife is great support and you will need this, you are going through the fight of your life. Look after your self and think positive, set your self some goals to do when you are better.

I am doing really well just still going through tests trying to solve some urinary issues ,I have a bladder that is twice the size of a normal bladder and it will only empty 50%, i have bought a second hand  bladder scanner so at least i can monitor.

Robert

• Hi Robert 

Been while since I have been on here, thought I would see how you are getting on ? Have you any luck with your bladder issues? 

And give you an update on my progress, have had 4th and final round of chemo, knocked me for 6 this time, then had a ct scan, which made it all worthwhile as it showed the masses on my lungs had shrunk even more to the point of being very small, now on imotherapy every 3 weeks as outpatient, got another scan for end of month so hopefully results still going my way. Still finding it hard to do to much, as get tired very easily, just means doing jobs in small steps instead of pushing myself to much.

William 

• Hi William, It’s good to hear from you and it’s good to hear that the results are going your way. This is a hell of a journey for you but keep fighting. It’s times like this that your loved ones are so important.

For me I decided to let my urinary issues settle down so last month I decided to have an invasive test and got an infection which I have been fighting for 5 weeks but I hope that is now gone.

Still no diagnosis but my bladder is twice the size of a normal bladder which I may just have to live with.

Good to here from you keep me up to date on your progress..