Penile cancer

• 25 replies
  • 5 subscribers

Hi all, I got diagnosed with penile cancer early November 22, operation to remove head of penis same month, had further operation on left side lymph nodes February 23, everything seemed to be going well,  until went to hospital August 23, with what looked like an infection on the rebuild penis, only to be told the cancer had returned, to say it knocked me for 6 would be an understatement, I have great support from my wife, just seems everytime we think things are getting better we get knocked down. They are talking of complete removal this time. 

• Hi Robert 

Yes definitely been a rough time, but I am staying positive, taking each day as it comes. Hoping the scan doesn't show anymore nodes, so it will be down to chemo to kill any last bits of cancer. So I can get my life back.

How is your recovery going? 

• Hi William, I have just had my first 3 month surveillance check up no signs of cancer reoccurrence, I still have urinary issues so I am still going through some tests to see if I have an obstruction or is my bladder nurves damaged. Unfortunately I had the camera up my urithra which gave me an infection which took a month to fight.

Otherwise I am very healthy.

I really feel for you as I know what you have been through with a glansecomy then to get a penectomy must have tested you but you seem to be very positivie and this will get you through it. Your wife seems to be a great support as mine has been which is a great comfort.

This cancer  is rare but to get a reaccurance after a glansecomy is extremely rare so you deserve a break let’s hope your next results are good news and you enjoy a long life with your loved ones.

Robert

• Sorry to hear that the cancer had returned, hope that now you now have a full and quick recovery from you last operation.

• Hi steveinkent

Thanks for the comments, I am still recovering from last operation still bit sore at times,and feeling tired all the time. have had follow up scan done and am waiting to see the oncologist next week to find out results and any follow up treatments ( possible chemo) it's hard to believe it's been 12 month's since first went to doctors, and so much has been done/ changed in that time.

• Hi Robert 

Hope all is going well with you?

Had appointment with oncologist this week, ct scan didn't show up any clear answers on weather the cancer has spread, so now got to have pet scan which is supposed to be better at showing up results, that's booked for this Saturday 4th November,  then back to oncologist to see weather it has spread and next course of action bases of is only pelvis area radio and chemo local to cancer if it has spread chemo to keep it at bay for as long as they can.

• Hi Williamp, thanks for the update, I keep telling myself anything is better than the cancer tumor I had,  so just keep positive and keep going for the tests and accept what ever the treatment is. You have come this far so just the final push to become cancer free, then go and celebrate.

let me know what the Oncologist says about the PET scan results. Good luck.

Robert

• How are you getting on.

• Hi William, Paul12k is new on the forum and I think has had something similar to you. If you are up to it can you connect with him as he is looking for some advice.

Robert

• Sorry took while to reply, am in hospital with an infection,  no energy to do anything. Also found out results of pet scan today, it has spread so not looking good atm. 

How are you doing? 

• Will try to tomorrow if have the energy.