I’m new - Husband diagnosed with stage IV PC

• 4 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Hi there. I’m not fully sure why I decided to sign up here however, at 22:43pm at night I found myself in utter despair after my husband has been in hospital for the best part of 2 months. I took my husband to A&E early February when he was complaining of severe tummy pain. The day before we went off roading and he was totally fine but there were a collection of symptoms that he had on and off for 2 years (some of them I kept badgering him to go to the doctors for). Anyway, multiple tests and a day later he was diagnosed with metastatic pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. He is 58 years old and to be utterly devastated is an understatement. He is currently in hospital due to jaundice. They attempted stenting procedures which kept going wrong. Underwent a PTC but jaundice still hadn’t subsided. Then found out he had a citrobacter infection. That’s being treated and bilirubin actually starting to decrease again. We aren’t sure if he is going to be able to have chemotherapy at this stage because of his condition and the complications he’s facing (PTC has apparently dislodged and it needs repeating). I’m frightened, I’m angry, I’m upset, I’m lonely. I’m so many things right now which I can imagine a lot of you will feel the same. I feel like my life is just going to keep dive bombing as the disease progresses. I’m devastated that I’m going to loose the absolute love of my life. 

• So sorry to hear about your husband coming here is the best thing you have done everybody here is friendly  we all understand how you are feeling and all are in the same boat  you can venture all your emotions people will not judge and someone will always give you encouragement to help get through the difficult times look after yourself take care

• Thank you I appreciate it. It’s a devastating situation. He is only 58 years old. 

• Hi

My partner was diagnosed yeaterday 52 years of age non curable our world is shattered . Me too cant bear life without him . I am lost x

• I know exactly how you feel. My husband is 58 years old. Off roading one minute and being told you have a year to live the next. My head is very much in a whirlwind, much like your own. X