Staying strong

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

Hi everyone 

I would just like to say that I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last may at the age of 56 it was very unexpected and sudden, until then I was fit and healthy ( or so I thought ) i was in hospital for three and half weeks , was taken to theatre 6 times to try and get a stent into my bile duct ,( they did finally succeed) , I came home and had a few weeks to recover then it was off to hospital to have a PICC line inserted ready for chemo.

I started chemo in August, the first 2 sessions were awful, but they adjusted the dose and things have been better, I had my first scan in October and the tumour was ‘stable ‘ I am now about to have chemo no, 10 and another scan, chemo has not been easy , there have been lots of side effects, ( the treatment and advice I have received from the hospital/ nurses/ oncologist and all staff has been amazing)

there have been times with the side effects / down days ect where I just didn’t know which way to turn , but, each day I am greatful for all the help and support I receive from the medical team and family, I find something positive to do each day no matter how small, and I try each day to find something to laugh at keeping positive really does help with the emotions of dealing with cancer and chemo, and thinking positive when the side effects of chemo are at their worst really can help you decide how to deal with them.

so no matter how hard/ difficult/ sad things are , please try and find one little positive in each day , it really will make a difference. 

• Hi

Thanks very much for taking the time to set out your journey with pancreatic cancer. I'm sure new people to the group will find it a very positive story.

Best wishes

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"