Begining of jorney

• 2 replies
  • 24 subscribers

My wife had a ct scan with results from radioligist said concerning for cancer pretty much every thing around it said unremarkable more tests needed. Have to wait another week for mri doctor really did not say much about it just hates getting this news on weekend(really that helps)! The waiting is killing us! She really has no signs except weight loss, we were thinking from ozempic.My question is any chance its not cancer with them saying concerning for cancer?

• Hello Helpless 1

I understand that waiting is very difficult but it is important that tests are done to establish what is going on. I hope you get news soon.

Squeaky

• Hi Helpless1 , I had a similar diagnosis from ct scan showing a 2cm lesion. My initial symptoms were weight loss and itchy skin. Blood test showed possible issues with liver, which led to ct scan. Following 2 x endoscopies and PET scan plus stents fitted to bile and pancreatic ducts. Biopsies taken were negative but consensus still pointed to suspected cancer 90%. I had to agree to surgery knowing that I would only get 100% confirmation when Biopsies taken post operation.

I have had my surgery and the legion was a 2cm malignant tumour so I am starting chemo on Tuesday.

In my experience I  too felt Helpless at the beginning but this was burning me out over thinking everything. I tried to just deal with what was confirmed and put the future on the back burner.

Everyone's different but for me knowledge is power so as things were confirmed I would then you tube medical tutorials to get my head around it.

The unknown is the worst bit and for me that's the reaction to the upcoming treatment, so I am now trying not to overthink again and avoiding catastrophising it.

What I suppose I am trying to say is don't try to deal with the whole picture, as this will feel overwhelming, train yourself to find a wat to break it down into more manageable pieces.

I hope this has helped and not caused any more upset. Take care of each other, I know my wife has been my rock .