Pancreatic cancer journey

• 9 replies
  • 27 subscribers

My tumor was 3cm and they decided to operate all went well took what they needed to take plus spleen. But nothing is straight forward had results back took 22 lymph nodes and found cancer in 7 and my margin wasn't clear meaning cancer cells still around they also said I'm at a high risk of the cancer coming back this scares the shit out of me I had breast cancer and my partner died of advance kidney cancer 3 years ago my life has been full of cancer I can't cope with anymore of this and spending my life worrying about how long I got left I know anybody could be hit by a bus tomorrow has my family keep telling me but they don't understand how I feel

I just wanted to see if anybody else had similar to me I keep thinking I haven't got long and the cancer will come back and I be dead in the next 2 yrs these doctors frighten the shit out of me but Cryey are telling what I need to know and of course covering their own back but I feel like I got a time bomb ticking away CryCryCry

I'm hoping the chemo will help have 6 months of chemo hopefully in new year. 

• Hello  I have just read your post and am so sorry that you have not received any replies from the Community. you have been through the mill with Breast Cancer and now Pancreatic cancer and I can fully understand how you feel. By me replying your post will be "bumped" back up to the top of the forum and will be noticed by other forum members.

I have a different cancer to yours so I can't answer your specific questions or give you advice but I hope you receive the chemo in the New Year and it's successful. I also understand how you are feeling and may I suggest a couple of things to you:

* We on the Community have an Emotional support forum . You can join this forum by clicking on the link I have provided and when the page opens up just click on "join" on the black banner at the bottom of the page. You can then introduce yourself and tell everyone how you feel, there are Community members there going through similar emotions and you can receive support there.

* You can also ring out support line on 0808 808 00 00 (8am - 8pm 7 days a week) They are a great set of people and they are able to give you that little extra help with your feelings and emotions.

I hope this helps - if i can do anything else for you please let me know.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hello Kath600

I can understand how you feel that your life has been so full of cancer. Both my husband and I have had cancer.

Firstly, I would suggest that you call the Pancreatic Cancer UK helpline 0808 801 0707. The nurses there are absolutely brilliant with knowledge on PC and they will also be able to help you manage worries on whether the cancer will come back.

Medics can talk about how long people might live and whether cancer will come back but these are averages. We are all unique.

For my part I just try to live one day at a time and enjoy it.

Squeaky

• Thankyou squeaky and yes you're right about living one day at a time and I do try to stay positive 

I have spoke to a nurse on the line and she was very helpful

I'm so sorry about you and your husband sounds like you both going through a lot but it's nice to see you are positive I do try some days better than others but I think it helps to be positive. 

All the best kath

• My bro 75 had same diagnosis, the big operation and lymph node numbers you did. The Consultant advised Chemo would mop up the left overs stray cancer cells and strongly recommended. I've read on here of great results for many with follow up Chemo. Keep positive KathH600. You cam do this. 
  • Skippy G thankyou for your positive reply this gives me hope and yes trying to be positive all the way Blush

• Hello Kath Relaxed  I feel sorry for you, keep strong and try to think positive, I know it’s difficult but always remember you we have hope, my dear friend BlushPray tone2  My name is Ramona , and my tumour is 5 cm on my pancreas ( pancreatic cancer) they decide to operate next week 9 april  after many scan endoscopy , blood test etc etc … My diagnosis was 25 DecembGift 2023 this was my gift for Christmas.. Santa  All the best HeartHeartPray tone2

• Hi Kath I’m relatively new here and have just read your post. Have you started your chemo yet? I too had surgery to remove part of my pancreas and they also found 6 out of 18 lymph nodes were infected. Having gone through chemo to target any remaining dodgy nodes I’m now, “dare I say it”, cancer free according to my oncologist. This is nearly 3 years later. I guess what I’m trying to say is don’t give up hope, miracles can happen. I went from being given 3 to 6 months to still here! It’s tough knowing it could come back any time, but I try to live my life as positively as I can and just ride any negative emotions I have. I hope this helps and am here for you should you need any advice or just to “chat”. My best wishes.

• Hello   What a positive and encouraging post - long may you stay "cancer free". Thank you so much for sharing your journey.

Best wishes for the future - Brian. 

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.