Stitch like pain

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 23 subscribers

Hi had PPPD surgery in July and finished 6 months of chemo capecitabine/ oxaliplatin 3 weeks ago . I have started exercise etc and I am suffering on and off a niggling stitch like pain in the right side . Has anyone had this ?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Please don't take this as gospel. Your best bet is to speak to your oncologist or Macmillan nurse. I had a whipples procedure two and a half years ago, followed by chemo, but I couldn't take the full 6 months my reaction was too severe. However the oncologist did not raise any real objections when I stopped. Sorry for the long preamble, but I thought it pertinent. July last year I was told the cancer is back and had spread to my liver. And this is why I'm writing to you, I also have an intermittent pain in my right side and was told that it was probably the cancer in the liver. However I was also told that I am terminal and I may not make it to Christmas. It's April in two days, so.... There is a good possibility that because you have started exercising, it is pulling on the internal stitches or the new scar tissue internally. Really is best to speak to a professional.

Whatever happens I wish you the very best.

Mr Mac19