Pancreatic cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 23 subscribers
My mum has recently been told that she probably has pancreatic cancer - still awaiting more tests. My mum and I are very close and I am devastated. I'm trying to stay strong for the family and my daughter but I am a mess. I don't know what to feel and how to process it. Any advice. 
Signature
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Lane

I have got Pancreatic Cancer so it is very different for me.  My Mum died in November 2016.  Mum didn’t have cancer.  She had Vascular Dementia and I cared for her for almost 24 hours a day.  After she died, although we were not particularly close, I did my absolute best for her and when she did die, I felt completely lost.  She had been my total focus for so long that I felt really lost.  Try and stay strong and do t think you’re being weak by asking for help.  I was very close to my Dad and he died in 1992 aged only 65.  I do really feel for you and if there is anything that I can do to help, then I will xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thank you. Just trying to get my head around things and stay positive but it's very hard.

Sorry to hear you aren't well. Sending all my love and best wishes to you.x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Lane

It is very hard but as I said in my last email, please don’t be afraid to ask for help.  I often think that it is easier to speak to a counsellor Or health professional than it is a close friend.  If you don’t mind my asking, how are you and your Mum?  I am 62 in May and my gorgeous Grandson, Logan is 2 in May.  I intend to fight this dreadful illness for as long as possible.

I am here for you.  Lots of love xxx