PC concern - general advice

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Hi

I've been having concerning symptoms since the beginning of december and am concerned they are linked to pancreatic cancer. I am looking for general advice.

At the beginning of december I started to experience a prolonged bout of flatulence which eventually escalated into full blown diarrhoea which lasted into early january. This included yellow, foul diarrhea with some bleeding. I had experienced rectal bleeding in the past and decided to visit the GP. I also started to experience lower abdominal pain. Stool tests indicated elevated fecal calprotectin which is suggestive of inflammatory bowel disease. I was referred for a colonoscopy. However this has come back clear - showing no sign of inflammation.

Whilst waiting for the colonoscopy I begain to feel back pain on my right side, just below the rib cage and upper abdominal pain on the right hand side. This pain has become increasingly intense and has spread to my right shoulder blade. I have been unable to sleep on my right hand side since january and sitting down also seems to bring about pain. The pain was intermittent but is becoming more regular and intense. I have lost a lot of weight. Blood tests for liver, kidneys and enzymes were normal. An ultrasound showed no gallstones. This also showed the head head of the pancreas which looked normal. The radiographer could not see the whole pancreas.

I have been referred for an MRI to investigate my small bowel although the consultant is still of the opinion symptoms are linked to Crohn's Disease.

My anxiety level has hit the roof and was wondering if others had symptoms which included right sided pain in upper abdomen and back despite liver function and other tests looking normal?

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Whilst I appreciate this isn't a forum for diagnosis, any thoughts would be much appreciated. 

• Hello Sill

I am sorry there are no responses so far. I can understand that you feel anxious. However, it seems the medics are doing lots of tests to try to find out what’s going on.

If you haven’t already done so you might find it helpful to speak to the nurses on the Pancreatic Cancer UK help line. 

I hope you soon feel better.

Squeaky

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Squeaky

Hello Squeeky, 

Thank you so much for your reply. I'm trying to stay as positive as possible.