Pancreatic

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 17 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Hi 

sending big hugs to everyone. After being told I have Pancreatic cancer I have now been informed it’s a rare cancer called Neuroendocrine. I just wondered if there is anyone here with that type. I start chemo on the 29th and have it for 3 consecutive days which will be in a 3 weekly cycle. I havnt seen the actual Consultant I’m under as there was a muddle up at the hospital. The Oncology department called me to cancel 40 mins before my appointment and I was actually sitting there in the waiting room so that I must admit was pretty upsetting but saying that I did get to see a Consultant who explained the type of cancer. Unfortunately he was on the radiotherapy side of treatment so will be glad to get to see the Consultant assigned to me at some point. Isn’t it great when they tell you to eat everything and anything to keep the weight on and then you actually struggle!! Apple turnovers with fresh cream is very digestible though!! Take care everyone 

• Hello Kerry

I am not sure that there is anyone with this type of pancreatic cancer here.. as far as I know fewer than 10% of pancreatic cancer sufferers have this type. Hopefully, someone might have experience here.

its maybe worth posting on the Pancreatic Cancer UK website forum too.

I hope your treatment goes well.

Squeaky

• Hi kerryw63, my partner has pancreatic cancer but not this type, as for not getting to see the people you need to and missed appointments, don't get me started. I also love apple turnovers with cream but sadly I shouldn't be the one eating them! Good luck with your chemo and keep in touch xx

Love is eternal
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Needing friends

Hi 

Thank you for reply that made me laugh.. apple turnovers. Don’t worry about them they must be calorie free I have not  put any weight on this  week Wink. Saying that I havnt lost any. xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Squeaky

Hi Kerry I have PNET, I am under surveillane.  I had an MRI on 16th Npvember & get the results in January.  I had surgery in October 2017 o my small bowel & mesentry.  How is your treatment going? 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Kenny 

That’s a long time to wait for your results. I am coming up to my last chemotherapy which part of me is pleased then the other part is dreading  it. Though the chemo is not good it relieves the pain for a while ( mind you have been told off for not taking painkillers)I had a MRI scan after the third cycle of chemo and the tumour has responded well. Having another scan in January then not sure what happens next. I hope your results are good please let me know. 

• FormerMember

Hi Kerry, great news that the tumour is respondoing well to the chemo.  I will let you knoe the results when i get them.  I am sure they will be in contact sooner if there is anything untuward. Best Wishes Jane (Kenny)

• FormerMember

Jane how are you coping with eating? Are you on the creon tablets. Im taking about 3 with a meal and 2 with a snack just wish I could get a bigger bottle of them!!

Karenx

• FormerMember

Hi Kerry I am not on any medication at the moment. I have been to the G P today as I have been on antibiotics however she now thinks I have a touch of pneumonia. I am so tired, pain in my back. She Sobid there is reduced air in the lung which is the most painful. If I am no better in a couple of weeks I have to go for a chest xray. I said to her without being a hypochondriac I am mindful of my body. Especially with the NETS being found by chance. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi, how are you doing so far?  I'm new to the group. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Squeaky

Hi, I'm in the middle of tests, i had a Scan in London in January ,  I've a rare tumour on the tail of my pancreas that was found accidently while having a scan from  an accident. I have no symptoms and bloods are all fine, I'm due to go for my scan results from london in three days. x