our community

• 2 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Hello everyone

What a privilege to be part of our community. The privilege being that complete strangers have the confidence to share their innermost thoughts of either being a patient, a carer or a friend to someone who has this disease which in a majority of cases has an uncertain outcome.

Of course we all have something in common and it is through the posts that over a period of time you feel as though you really do ‘know’ each other. There are obviously some very harrowing experiences but at the same time there are moments of humour and some great results.

I recall attending the cancer clinic for the first time and being surprised how packed the waiting area was. Whilst I do not wish anyone ill I thought to myself ‘I am not alone’ which in a rather bizarre way was quite reassuring.

Our community has helped me immeasurably and I know we will continue to support each other through the bad and hopefully good times ahead.

Thank you all

Kevin

• Hi Kevin

The folk here are brilliant. Some of us have been here for a while. Others pass through but it’s a great place to share thoughts.

Squeaky

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Kevin 

I’m so pleased you get something back from our community. I joined when my mum was diagnosed and it became a lifeline for me. Our lovely friend Squeaky was my first reply and I was so grateful. My lovely mum died over a year ago and yet I’m still here. I hope my horrible experience can help others in their journey. You are an inspiration on your journey Kevin so thank you xx