Blog

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 23 subscribers

Hi,

I just wanted to know, of those of you who have started a blog about your experiences has this helped to write things down.

I'm currently writing one, so I can put my feelings down on paper and log how my Gran has been these past few days. I just wanted to know really if it's helped any of you with your feelings around cancer and the uncertainties that come with it.

Hope.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Hope

Personally I found writing on here very beneficial and got lovely support and advice whenever I did. I don’t really know much about blogs but anything that makes you feel better has to be worth a shot. It’s very difficult to lose someone that you love. Grief can be a terrible thing but I try to remind myself that it is the price you pay for love. I am incredibly lucky to have had some wonderful people in my life that are no longer here but grieving them far outweighs never knowing them. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Splodge

thank you for your reply, your words have given me comfort, I like how you have described it, indeed I feel very lucky to have had my Grandma in my life for my current 31 years on this planet, and it has been wonderful to get to know her as an adult, and she is so brave to have just accepted it, and try to carry on as normal.

Hope.