Frightened

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 25 subscribers

We have just been told my husband has pancreatic cancer.

he is very poorly with severe weightloss. We are waiting on a pet scan to see if surgery is possible ( pppd? )

i am terrified they won t do anything to help him ?

living in south wales

• Hi. My partner has pancreatic cancer, and we were told Morriston Hospital is one of 4 pacnretic centres in Britain, I think that's right, we only take in so much. Anyway, partner did have the operation and recovered really well, hope the outcome is the same for your husband. They have pancreatic nurses as I am sure you know in Morriston and this forum is invaluable for support as is the Mcmillan helpline. Keep your chin up and keep positive as much as you can xx

Love is eternal
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Needing friends

Hallo and thank you for replying. We were st morriston yesterday where we received all the news. 

We are both scared stiff and not sure what is next x 

hopefully they can do something for us but hubby needs building up first x

• Hi My girl

I'm sorry to hear your news. It's very frightening when you first here the news. 

Pancreatic Cancer is treated by a select number of hospitals in the UK so that surgeons can build up expertise as Needing friends says - although there are more than four, maybe that's the number in Wales.

Usually, after the scan the Multi Disciplinary Team, will meet and decide the best way forward.

Squeaky

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Squeaky

Hi squeaky 

we discussed yesterday with the multi disciplinary team however it looks like much depends on the pet scan.

hubby is finding it difficult to eat anything and I find it distressing watching him . Thanks for your input