New to caring for someone with cancer

• 2 replies
  • 50 subscribers

Hi all, my daughters story.

June 2021 my 26 year old daughter went to the doctor as she could feel something moving around her stomach,  no symptoms but always had a little bit of a stomach . Was told it was cancer as they could see a large mass on the ultrasound. Referred on to the local hospital, had a bit of trouble going to the toilet whilst waiting for her appointment so had a bag fitted as couldn't pass urine. Operation took place August 2021, tumours on both ovaries largest one 12cm left ovary. Received a letter after, stating the tumour on left ovary was cancer and as it was contained they had removed it all. Ovaries intact. No contact from hospital after and no follow up offered. Letter arrived October 2021 to say due to her age was being referred to a cancer hospital in London. Did not hear from them at all. May 2022 my daughter started feeling unwell stomach pains etc,  went to the doctors, gp referred her to the local hospital for a scan. The scan showed the cancer has returned bigger and more aggressive than the last time on the left ovary again and had spread around the womb. Went to an appointment at the hospital and she is too have a full hysterectomy and chemo in 6 weeks time. My daughter has been in bed the past 4 weeks, cannot eat, keeps being sick, crying in pain needs help getting up bathing etc cannot do a thing for herself. Is this normal ? I've never experienced someone with cancer. She makes weird noises when she is heaving too and it's horrible to watch. Im worried and frightened that she's worse then they are letting on  please advise and thank you for reading x 

• I am so gutted to hear this.She needs to be admitted to the hospital. This is the problem with NHS, free treatment but they wait but cancer does not wait and spread. Speak to her allocated nurse or take her to the hospital

Sending you love and strength x

• Thank you, she has an appointment this Wednesday at a different hospital in our area, I will see what they say x