Ovarian cancer

• 3 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Hi there. I'm knew here to posting, but have enjoyed reading yr posts. I had surgery first so am two weeks post op. Took all the nessesary bits away & now waiting for chemo in about a month. Surgeon is optimistic he's got everything out bou airing in side of caution with chemo! I'm absolutely petrified of having the chemo is this normal?  Jude.

• Yes completely normal to be frightened of chemo. You need to get started on it in order to understand it. Everyone reacts differently so until you start, it's a total mystery. Its frequently not as bad as you think its going to be. On the other hand, there will be some side effects which you will discover as you go along. These can be managed with the help of your team and the chemo nurses. Once you have one cycle under your belt, you will know what to expect.

• Thank you Bella. I'm trying to think positively about it as you say it's fear of the unknown which is worse. Sadly at the moment have an infection in one of the surgery sites where the tumour in my groin was removed. This is probably making me feel a bit down. Am on antibiotics so hopefully these will kick in very soon. Best wishes.VF.

• Great news that the surgeon thinks he got it all!

Have they staged it yet or do you know if it had spread?

Hope the infection clears up soon!