Cancer returned in lymph nodes in back five years after treatment for ovarian cancer

• 1 reply
  • 38 subscribers

I had chemotherapy and a hysterectomy five years ago to treat Stage 3 serous ovarian cancer.  This was successful and I was in the ICON8B trial.  Recent CA125 tests have shown an increase in my markers - only very slight but enough for the consultant to book a CT scan. 

cancer has shown up in lymph nodes in my lower back.  I am now being tested for a Trial and if I am suitable, I will start a course of Carboplatin and MURV - the trial drug. 

the lymph nodes are close to my spinal cord and a central artery so surgery is not an option. 

this has been found early on but it is all a bit daunting. 

is anybody else on this trial?  If so, are the side effects able to be dealt with reasonably? 

any comments would be appreciated. 

• Hi, Marie

I am not in the same boat but in a different one not too far away. See Profile for more info if you want. I am finding the prospect of my trial very daunting indeed.

Having said that, I found other things very daunting (not fond of biopsies or some of the treatments I've had) and they were ok-ish so here is hoping. Most important ingredient to me, this hope stuff. Especially important when not around in abundance...mist remind myself it's there somewhere

Best wishes for the trial. Hope someone replies soon with some helpful intel.

Clg03

CLG03...