Scared of a recurrence

• 1 reply
  • 37 subscribers

I don't know where to start because I'm scared to death. I already made a post about my situation but I need to talk more about it with people who understand my situation. My mother, my beloved mother... my reason for living. In 2020 she underwent surgery for stage one seromucinous adenocarcinoma cyst. six cycles of chemo and everything went well. In recent years the only notable findings in the CT scans have been the incisional hernia and a spigelian hernia. the other day, after eating a lot of raw vegetables, she started having very bad stomach pain, followed by vomiting. we rushed to the emergency room where they did an ultrasound, for which they didn't give me the report, saying that they saw the dilated intestinal loops with effusions (of what?) they didn't do a CT scan, they did an abdominal x-ray which showed some air-water levels. they discharged her, telling her that there were no surgical emergencies and to continue the follow up. her oncologist wants her to have a CT scan.. and I'm afraid he thinks the cancer has returned!!! but then why not tell her this in er? I read and reread posts in groups and no one has discovered a recurrence in this brutal and sudden way, her last CT scan was only four months ago... what's wrong with my mum? I'm not eating anymore, I'm desperate...

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that your mum recently had to visit A&E because of very bad stomach pain and it's natural to assume that this means her cancer has returned.

I'm not a member of this forum, so don't know if her symptoms are indicative of a return or not, but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

To find out more about what her consultant is arranging a CT scan for she could give her CNS a call as she should be able to help.

I'll keep everything crossed for your mum 

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"