Niraparib

• 3 replies
  • 38 subscribers

High grade ovarian cancer 3c. Was diagnosed June 23. 
Have had 6 rounds of carbo/taxol and debulking surgery. Cancer was found in the peritoneal lining too. 
Scan in January showed no evidence of disease and my ca125 was 34. So pleased! I am braca- and hrd-. So I started on Niraparib which I’ve been on for a month. I had my blood work done and my ca-125 is now 86. I have a pain in my right side too. 
An urgent ct-scan has been booked to see what’s going on. 
Has anyone else had this happen so soon after chemotherapy? Is there any chance that it isn’t the cancer back? Has anyone else had such a big jump in their numbers so early into taking Niraparib. Feeling so anxious. 
Thank you

• Hi Wenders 

I have stage 4 Ovarian cancer which had spread to my peritoneal area as well. I was told mine is not curable but could be maintained so I went onto Niraparib after Chemo, I was on it for 2 months and then the cancer was active again with my ca 125 at 246 so I am back on Chemo. I had 3 sessions of Chemo and the tumours had shrunk, so had 2 more sessions and waiting on another scan date.

I do hope your CT scan comes back quickly as it is such a worry not knowing 

Take care 

Sue x

• Hi Wenders   

Been thinking of you, hope you are OK 

Sue x 

• Hi Wenders, just wanted to say hi and hope you are ok.

im in a similar journey as you, same grade stage 3c, had 3 chemo, surgery and another 3 chemo, was told today it’s treatable but not curable and I’m due to start on niraparib, it’s such an uncertain time and I totally understand how anxious you are, sending love xx