Befrienders wanted

• 1 reply
  • 35 subscribers

Hi everyone.  Hope you're all OK. I'm Glenda.  Looking to meet new friends in similar situations, either to meet up with or for a befriender to visit me at home as I'm quite lonely.  I have a good sense of humour,  love pets and travelling and am a good listener. I hope to hear from you soon xx

• Hi ,

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling quite lonely at the moment. Although the Online Community is great for chatting with people whenever you fancy, I can appreciate that sometimes there's no substitute for a little face-to-face time.

Don't worry about this at all, but just so you know, our Community Guidelines advise that members don't discuss meeting up in person when posting on the public forums. We wouldn't want to encourage people to accidentally share location details where everyone can see them. The last thing you want is 100 strangers showing up for dinner! Wink

If you happen to strike up a friendship with someone on the Online Community, it's fine to swap details in a Private Message - but only if you both feel comfortable doing so. For tips on staying safe, check out the Staying safe online section of our Community Guidelines.

Have you seen our Macmillan Buddies service, Glenda? It's a great way to have some safe face-to-face contact with someone local to you. Why not check out the service at the link below, and see if it's something you'd like to register for?

Alternatively, you can also look for face-to-face support groups near you using our handy online tool:

I hope that helps, and that you can meet some nice new friends safely soon. In the meantime, I hope you'll continue to chat and make new friendships here.

All the best,
    Matthew
    Macmillan Online Community Team