1st Chemo sessio

• 4 replies
  • 19 subscribers

Hi all, well I didn't expect that.

I thought I would be hooked up to a drip. But it was a Chemo injection.

Plus 30+ tablets.

Up to now I feel okay.

I am on the Ridor trial.

All the nursing staff are really lovely and very supportive. 

I am still feeling very positive.

Hope you are all doing well on your treatments.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm not a member of this forum but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies from the forum members yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again. I'm sure you'll find the members of this forum will be happy to answer any questions you might have about your chemo and also share their experiences with you.

It would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi  mother Trucker,  i am  Vespa, AKA  Kevin,    with  MM   diagnosed in June last year,   and  now 55 days  past stem cell transplant,   part of my cycles of  treatment   DVTB    is   chemo  injections,  and tablets,    thalidomide,    this cycle  last   4 weeks  with  different treatments  every week,  and  tablets   from Home,   i have had the drug Daratumbaba   which is an  Immunotherapy  drug   given along side  Dexamethosone,    tablets      steroids,         all these  got me into  remission,   in  about  5 months,  and then the strem cell harvest and subsequent   transplant,  and  10 days  recovery in hospital    tough  but  doable,        the Chemo  is  not to be feared ,   easy to say, but  it is what will help   us all     Kevin  

• Hi Kev, thank you so much for getting back to me. I have taken on board what you have told me. This is all so new to me.

So this is really helping guide me in these un known waters I find myself in. 

• Cheers Latchbrook, I am still navigating my way around this forum please bear with me. I dove trucks not computers so I am still learning  lol x