Relapse

• 1 reply
  • 17 subscribers

Hi

I was diagnosed with myeloma in April 2020. Underwent radiotherapy and six months of velcade and had stem cell transplant in December 2020. I have just found out I have relapsed. I have been offered two treatments prior to stc, Carfilsomib and the Myeloma XII(ACCoRd) trial using ixazomib.

Has anyone have experience of either treatments? It's hard enough getting my head around further treatment without having to choose. 

• Hi  I just seen your post and I am sorry to hear you have relapsed. I know this well as I relapsed 6 months after my first Allo (donor) Stem Cell Transplant. 

I am Mike and I help out around our various blood cancer and stem cell transplant groups. I don’t have Myeloma myself but was diagnosed in 1999 with a rare, incurable but treatable type of NHL (CTCL) Stage 4a.

As I said I have actually had two Allo (donut) SCTs and there are members in this and the SCT group which have had an Auto then an Allo SCT.

Why not join our Stem cell transplant group and put up a post ad this will widen your search.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge