Dex meds

• 3 replies
  • 21 subscribers

Hi all. I'm just coming up to the end of my 2nd chemo cycle of Velcade, Dex and Thalidomide. I am hardly sleeping at all, I am told because of the Dex, is this right? I can't believe how much sleep I am missing out on, it's crazy!! Has anyone else got this problem, and if so has anyone got any ideas I can try? 

Also on treatment days and the next day I am peeing for England, is this normal?

Thanks in advance

Kerry xx

• Hi Kerry. I was on this treatment three years ago. I think we all react differently. I had no sleep issues but was fatigued on days 3 and 4. I'm now on my another treatment with Dex and I hardly sleep for 36 hours, then mild fatigue days 3 and 4. My chats with nurses rather indicate that this is normal and they've never suggested any remedies. Some things we just have to live with I guess.
    Best wishes,
    Iain

• I had problems sleeping with dex.  I was prescribed  Zopiclone on deck days to take at night.  Certainly helped.  Worth asking your team. 

• Thanks Trisha21. Got a clinic in a couple of weeks so certainly worth asking. 
    Kind regards,
    Iain