Hello I’m new here. Im a daughter supporting mum with no link to asbestos

• 7 replies
  • 20 subscribers

Hi Everyone
It’s so good to know you’re all out there. 
Mum received her diagnosis last week after months of biopsy’s etc  As she has worked in offices all her life it’s been a bit of a ‘head scratcher’ 

Shes got her first oncology appointment on Tuesday and so we’re hoping to find out more re prognosis and whether treatment is possible  

thanks everyone. 

• So sorry to hear this about your mom prayers for her and your family. My Husband had mesothelioma he passed in October. Hopefully they have caught your mom,s in time for treatment to work hugs to you and your family 

• Hi , my dad was diagnosed with the most aggressive form of mesothelioma in August 2022 he has had 10 rounds of immunotherapy but then had a bad reaction so it has had to be stopped but at the moment no symptoms walking the dog 2 times a day doing really well . Just hope it will lasts - my mum has lung cancer in September 2022 she was dead by Christmas 2022. There is hope for mesothelioma but got to keep positive 

good luck xx

• So sorry for the loss of your mom happy that your dad is doing well prayers that he keeps doing well. 

• hi Deesa 1411

Sorry to hear about your mums diagnosis. Unless your mum is very ill I feel confident that she will be offered treatment. i dont see any reason why not. Whether it will be immunotherapy or chemotherapy I cant say. I hope all goes well with the appointment.

Best wishes 

Mike

• Hi Blue,

my husband has just had his 15th immunotherapy session, all gone amazing upto now…. He’s. It good, has low HB and is exhuasted . This has just come all of a sudden, his scan is in 2 weeks 

how is your dad doing ? What is the plan now for treatment ? 

so worrying 

• Hi my dad has had 10 treatments of immunotherapy all went well then all of a sudden had reaction -diabetic and has to take hormones and steroids but he’s still here and well . Thank goodness!!

• Aw that’s good then, not sure what is going on with my husband, hope a transfusion and then back to normal Pray