Sarcomatoid Mesothelioma

• 5 replies
  • 19 subscribers

Hi everyone 

This isa group that I never envisaged being in! My fit, healthy, non smoking, rarely drinking and very precious hubby has just been diagnosed with Sarcomatoid Mesothelioma! We are both devastated, and in shock!! We have been sent info on a trial that he could join,but are incapable of thinking straight atm!

He owns his own business, and still goes in, every day, as he hasn't started any treatment yet ,and he wants to try to be normal. 

We go on Monday to discuss the trial....it seems to have awful side effects.....has anyone had success with a trial for this? Broken heart

• Hi

Sirry to hear your news. My husband was diagnosed in June 23 with Epitheliod Mesothelioma. It is devastating news when you get it.  Sorry can’t help in terms of trails as there were none available - my husband was offered immunotherapy which they have just stopped as it wasn’t improving things as they hoped, he is due to start Chemo in the next couple of weeks. He has is own business & is still working he feels like if he stops he will just give in.

Hope someone can answer your question about trials.  All the best to you & your husband.

• Thanks so much for replying....I feel devastated and alone as this is all so mew to me....I don't know how to " be" around my husband, as my instinct is to try to make him rest,and he doesn't want tPraystop.....wishing your hubby all the best with the Chemo Two heartsPray

• Thanks so much for contacting me....I feel so alone and have no idea about how to support him....treatment starts in May,on one arm of the trial...we don't yet know which arm....he is carrying on at the moment as iif nothing is wrong, which is good for him....so I have all my fears and tears in private.....still in shock, I guess....I really hope that they can help your husband to improve....thinking of tlypu xxx

• Oops....I have replied to you twice now....shows where my mind is at.....xx

• No worries - I know exactly how you feel.  My husband was admitted to hospital yesterday - taken in on blue lights querying sepsis - turns out he has a really bad chest infection probably due to weaning him of the steroids.  If happened so quickly he was fine on Friday we were out with friends.  It’s frightening - hoping they can get him sorted & he can start his Chemo.  The only problem is he was taken to our local hospital & not where he gets his treatment.

I will send you a friends request - you can contact me whenever you like if it’s just to get things of your chest, 

Live to you & your husband x