Mesothelioma

• 1 reply
  • 18 subscribers

Hi everyone, I was diagnosed with mesothelioma in December 2022 and had an operation to remove the pleural lining from my right lung my heart and diaphragm in February 2023, I must say that my cancer is now stable I and has been for the last four scans.

I am suffering with shortness of breath and I feel drained of energy, plus my side and back ache's all the time , I also have a slight pain where the surgeon performed the surgery, the pain is not bad enough for me to take pain killers but is very uncomfortable at times.

I would love to hear from anyone who has experienced this type of surgery and to learn if you have the same problem?

Thanks in advance.

• Hi  and welcome to this corner of the Community but sorry to see you finding us.

I don't have Mesothelioma but have lived with Asbestosis for a number of years, fortunately it remains stable but my main 23 year fight is with an incurable type of blood cancer Stage 4a

So let’s look for the group members to pick up on your post. There are a number of active group members at the moment so why not click on the main ‘Mesothelioma Group’ title and this will bring up all the group posts. Have a look at the posts and as always you can hit reply to any post and connect in with the wider group conversations.

Talking to people face to face can help a lot but during these strange times it’s not that available but do check to see if any Local Macmillan Support in your area has opened up. Do also check out for a local Maggie's Centre in your area as these folks are amazing.

The Macmillan Support Line is open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support, benefits/financial guidance or just a listening ear. You may also find our Ask an Expert section helpful but do allow a few working days for a reply.

You may also want to check out www.mesothelioma.uk.com for some good information and have various support platforms.

Always around if you need further help or just want to talk.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge