New member looking for advice on night sweats

• 4 replies
  • 20 subscribers

Hi everyone, 

I am so grateful to have found this forum. It is heart warming to see people supporting each other so much.

My Dad has been diagnosed with this horrendous disease this week after months of tests.

I was wondering if anyone could share any advice on easing the night sweats? I have read about bamboo bedding. Would anyone recommend that?

Thanks in advance

• Hi and welcome to the Online Community. I'm sorry to read about your Dad's diagnosis and the fact he's having a hard time with the night sweats. I'm not from this group but can say Bamboo bedding in the days I was going through my menopause wasn't available so hopefully the members of this group can come along and chat and offer advice!

I do agree with what you say, you find out that you're not alone on this scary journey and we all support each other through the tears and laughter. 

You could ask the advice of a nurse on the Macmillan Support Helpline, freephone number shown below.

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and your journey to date. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) It’s helpful to other members with a similar diagnosis who can then hopefully answer your questions. It also means that you don't have to keep writing the same thing over and over. You can amend or update it at any time. 

To find more information covering diagnosis and treatments there are pages covering most types of cancers which can be found on our Online Information and Support Section

Macmillan Support Services also offer lots of information, support, financial guidance or just someone to listen. It’s free to call 0808 808 0000. Most services are available 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look by Clicking here to see what is available and we also have our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two to three working days for replies from our expert team.

I hope your Dad gets a treatment plan soon and his nights are more comfortable.

Sending you welcoming hugs B xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi there, thanks so much for getting in touch. I've just read your profile, you are such an inspiration! I really admire your drive and determination. Your family must be so proud of you, keep going!

My Dad has been on a very short course of steroids that improved his energy, appetite and night sweats that had got really bad but now the steroids have finished he's back to square one. He has an appointment this week to discuss starting chemo. I think as a family we are all still in shock and struggling to take it in. It's such a devastating thing.

I'll try to hold on to your positivity and courage and hope for a better week this week. 

Sending all good wishes to you and your family too

• Thank you and good luck