Oncology review today

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 23 replies
  • 17 subscribers

My husband had an Oncology appointment today And we are both so pleased that they couldn't find any significant changes with his Mesothelioma.  He was diagnosed with Meso in May 2016 and we were told he had about 18 months to live. Since diagnosis he has been really well, he does tend to get tired ( but he is always very active anyway) and a little breathless after climbing stairs - but nothing like we had imagined! Is this normal progression of Meso after such a diagnosis? 

we are both so pleased with today's results - but I'm worried about how we will cope when he starts to feel ill. Has anybody got any similar circumstances? I would love to heat from you.

• I've just been diagnosed such a shock.Talking helps

• That is good news.  My husband was diagnosed in January 2022. He has just had his 3rd chemo session, doing so well.  Tomorrow he has a scan to see if the chemo is working….. he has no symptoms so I am thinking it is working ? Again it is hard to know what to expect, everyone’s cancer can grow different I suppose. Not sure how it progresses. 

• Thomad

it might have been better to have started a new thread.  This one is six years old with former members.  It is good to talk but perhaps tells us a little more about yourself.