High Temperature

• 6 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Hi,

has anyone had crazy high temperatures with pleural mesothelioma?  If so, how do you manage it? 
mums been having temps of 38, 39 and even 40.2 c. She’s been stuck in hospital for over a week while they try and work out what’s going on but there’s no sign of any infection anywhere. She’s like pin cushion from them taking bloods each time her temp spikes. She’s on IV paracetamol which works a treat but she obviously can’t have that at home. 
em

x

• Hi  I see that your post has not had a reply. Although I do have asbestosis my main challenge is an incurable blood cancer so don’t normally post in this group.

So sorry to hear about the challenges your mum is having…. I can totally understand the issues around significantly high temperatures, being on every IV antibiotic (although I can’t have penicillin) and my various clinical teams not being able to find out the cause.

You just have to trust that her medical team can find the cause…… or just get the right drug mix in place to control this ((hugs)) 

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hello, no my husband hasn’t had high temperature, but does have very low cortisol ? Anyone else had this ? 

• Hi Another Day - my husband’s cortisol has been up & down whilst on immunotherapy but he hasn’t been prescribed anything for it - they just make him go back at different times of day for bloods & it seems to vary depending what time he goes.  He is currently in hospital - has inflamed bowel & was told this could be due to immunotherapy so last infusion cancelled.  He has now been told he has a bacterial infection which might have nothing to do with immunotherapy - don’t know whether we are coming or going.  Hope your husband is ok.

• Hello, my husband was actually being sick and just not right, his cortisol level was as low as 50 which is not good.  He is on steroids now to replace the cortisol he is not making.  We see the endocrinologist in 2 weeks and are awaiting one more blood test.  Scan is on Monday, I always dread. He’s just not wanting to eat but is as he knows he has to,  a bit worrying at times.  He had blood transfusions too which have helped him as his HB was low, he was cold and couldn’t get warm.  We have not had any immunotherapy treatments cancelled as yet so his bloods last week must have been on….how many treatments has your husband had ? I’ve been terribly upset …

• He’s had 7.  Had a scan 25 October but unfortunately took until 6 January for report to come through / it was good news in that there had been some shrinkage - he had had 3 treatments at that point.  Worrying now about the stomach problems & hoping this doesn’t stop the treatment.   It’s completely understandable that you have been upset it’s the not knowing what’s happening & whether it’s just a blip but it’s horrible seeing them poorly especially when it’s the treatment & not the disease that is affecting them.  Hope you have good news from the scan - will be thinking of you both.  

• Thank you, it sounds like we are in a similar situation.  Hope your husband will be ok too…and you of course x