End of life with mesothelioma

• 2 replies
  • 11 subscribers

My husband was diagnosed nearly 4 years ago.  We have reached the end of the road as far as treatment.  The left lung is not working at all and now it has spread to the right lung.  He is so very breathless and we have just had oxygen delivered to the house.  I wondered if anyone could give me advice as to what is likely to happen now?  How is this likely to end?  I just want to be a bit prepared. 

• Hi

I'm so sorry to read that your husband has reached the end of the road for treatment and it's natural to want to prepare yourself as much as possible.

I don't have the experience you're looking for but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. You might like to think about joining the supporting someone with incurable cancer group which is for anyone who has someone with a terminal diagnosis to discuss their emotions about the prospect of losing their loved ones, as well as practical issues about palliative care and end of life.

Macmillan have this information about what to expect at the end of life and where to get support and you can always give the support line a call on 0808 808 0000. It's free to call and they're available 7 days a week from 8am to 9pm.

Sending a big (((hug)))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi I'm sorry to hear your news.  The Cancer Research UK website have a section under "Coping with Cancer" on this subject.