Vulvar mucosal melanoma

• 1 reply
  • 74 subscribers

Hi all. I've just had my vulvar wide local excision 4 days ago. It fully removed the main lesion plus 6 smaller surrounding lesions, all found on my right labia minora vestibule, right next to my urethra hole. 12th August I've just had confirmed to be my follow up appointment with my gynaecological oncologist, for my results I'm assuming. Has anyone here got a success story they can share with me for this cancer please? I've many other symptoms than those 7 lesions, all of which have appeared since finding that main lesion 6 weeks ago, and all of which have progressed from bad to worse since they first showed up. Both the dermatologist and the gynaecological oncologist are more confident of a malignant over benign result. I was diagnosed with cerebellar atrophy back in January, which it turns out a high percentage of cerebellar atrophy is thanks to paraneoplastic syndrome (to sum that up, it's a side effect caused by undetected malignancy, undetected malignancy that is symptomatic and discovered generally within 6 to 12 months of having the cerebellar atrophy symptomatic and diagnosed). I'm trying to be hopeful for good news, but from the that's just my luck in me, to the vulvar mucosal melanoma going undetected until the advanced stage generally speaking, to the vulvar mucosal melanoma going from symptom free to end stages within 6 weeks in some cases, to my many symptoms, to my cerebellar atrophy, it all adds up and takes away my hopefulness. I'm a 34 year old single mum to a 6 year old boy, I need to be hopeful, so any experiences that can be shared with this cancer would be appreciated. Thanks all and sending you healthy prayers.

• Hi  

It sounds like you've been through a great deal just recently and I hope you're recovering from the surgery.

I've had a search in the group and found two people who have previously discussed having vulva mucosal melanoma,   and  . I have tagged them into this post and hope that they might pop on if they are still members of this group.

I can see that you've also joined the vulva cancer forum where you'll probably find more people with this than in the melanoma group.

Wishing you all the best

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"