Hello, although I'm new to this group I'm not new to the online community, I was diagnosed with endometrioid carcinoma last June and the community helped me through some tough times.

• 2 replies
  • 73 subscribers

Now I feel I'm back on the rollercoaster but my fear seems more terrifying than it did last year.  I haven't been diagnosed with Melanoma, but I'm at the end of atwo week wait for suspected skin cancer. I have convinced myself that I have nodular melanoma and I've given myself only a few weeks to live,  my car was reviewed last Friday and they told me I needed a face to face appointment as they have assessed my dermoscopy photos and need to see me. I was reading the grinch posts and I'm right there with him, and feel it's all too late and it has surely spread and can't be treated,  what is wrong with me,  I managed so well last year and was beginning to breathe easier,  now look at me, I'm waiting for the appointment to arrive and I'm in a state.....sorry

• Hi Jane,

You have had quite a journey so far. Hopefully your diagnosis will prove to be a   "best-case" scenario and you will have no cause for further worry. In the event of a "worst case" scenario as suggested in your post, I'm answering just to give you reassurance that nodular melanoma is treatable.

I was diagnosed with stage 3 nodular melanoma with mets to the lungs in early 2020. I underwent the 1 year Keytruda immunotherapy regimen and now have been classified as complete remission and cancer-free after numerous CT-scans and PET-scans. I was lucky and had very few reactions other than colitis and itchy skin, but reactions vary in the individual patient.

Hang in there and stay as positive as you can in an understandably worrisome time. I found that taking care of my body, getting plenty of sleep and keeping a positive mindset helped greatly. Wishing you the very best.

Dave

• Oh Dave, thank you so much for your kind and reassuring message,  I'm so glad you took the time to reach out to me,  sometimes we get set in the darkest of places and often just a few kind words and reassurance makes such a big difference thank you again and I wish you well on your journey.