Advanced Melanoma Sufferer

• 1 reply
  • 74 subscribers

Hi everybody, was diagnosed with the above a year ago, after showing subcutaneous lumps to my GP. I'd already had clues - e.g. unprecedented great difficulty climbing a minor hill - but didn't think too much about it. During winter 2019-20 had numerous migraine attacks. (Might have been a first reaction?) CT scan of head showed nothing untoward, and was gratified to have confirmation of presence of a brain! After initial targeted therapy I'm now on Pembrolizumab and feeling pretty good, at 81 years old. I consider myself lucky .... Best wishes to you!

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm glad to read that you're feeling well while being treated with pembrolizumab. I haven't had this drug myself but there are plenty of people in the group who are on it if you wanted to speak to them about it.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"