New to group

• 2 replies
  • 75 subscribers

Hi I was diagnosed with stage 4D melanoma on 3rd Jan this year. I had a mole removed from my back 4 years ago which was a 1a with no concerns going forward. I've had regular check ups with no signs until Sept last year when I found a lump under my arm. After chasing this through the doctors (not the best), I have found that it has metastasied in the brain, liver, adrenal gland and several bones Inc the spine. What's weird is I feel fine. I started on immunotherapy duo drug plan on the 16th Jan but a week later I was in the Christie due to my body attacking the liver. I have been taking immunosuppressive drugs and steroids to get back to normal. I am now getting a pet scan this week to see if the one treatment has had any effect and hopefully will go on to the Nivo maintenance drug treatment. I'm positive things are going well but understand at any point it can turn on its head. My advice to all is stay positive and look after your selves and family. 

Greg

• Hi Greg, I’m also Stage 4 and after two duo treatment’s my liver was also attacked by my body. I had my last treatment on 25/11/22 and since then I have had numerous immunosuppressants and steroids. After just two treatments my melanoma had shrunk in my pelvis, stomach and femoral artery. I’m hopeful that after my blood tests tomorrow I can resume my treatment. I remain positive at all times and sending positivity your way.

Kate x

• Hi Kate. Thanks for the positive news about your cancer shrinking after 2 sessions. Hope all goes well with your bloods and you can get back on the immunotherapy.  

All the best. Greg